A community where everyone is valued, respected, and empowered.
The LGBTQ Center promotes equality, builds community, and increases understanding of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer/questioning (LGBTQ) experiences. We meet these crucial needs through educational resources, support groups, social events, and enriching programming.
- We create and maintain a physical space that is safe and accepting for all.
- We celebrate and cultivate the creativity, health, and well-being off all regardless of race, age, class, ethnicity, religion, (dis)ability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
- We serve as a strong advocate for engaging our communities and raising awareness of the contributions and challenges of local LGBTQ+ people and our allies.
- We develop collaborative relationships with supportive community organizations and businesses through co-sponsorships, diversity training, and an online business directory.
- We build a sustainable non-profit organization through financial responsibility, accessible leadership, and transparent practices.
- We provide educational resources to keep up with the constant evolvement of the LGBTQ+ culture.